Good quality air is important. The average American spends some 90 percent of their daily lives indoors, that could mean breathing a lot of polluted air. What can you do? That’s where air purification and cleaning come in!1
In this post we will talk about what air purification is, and the benefits to using one as a homeowner.
What is Air Purification and Cleaning?
Air purification and cleaning removes contaminants from the air to improve indoor air quality. Contaminants care mold, pollen, dust, and bacteria. Now that we have talked about what air purification is we will discuss the benefits of having it done to your home.
What are the benefits?
These are some of the benefits to using an air purification system:
- Remove triggers for asthma attacks.
- Eliminate allergens such as dust and pet dander.
- Trap tobacco and cigarette smoke, preventing lung disease.
- Extract airborne asbestos particles, reducing chances of developing mesothelioma.
- Air purifiers eliminate radon gas, which can cause lung cancer.
- Reduce carbon dioxide levels in your home.
Can I Do It Myself with an Ozone Machine?
There are many places to rent an ozone machine, but without proper precautions or training it’s very dangerous.
According to the FDA, the concentrations of ozone you would need to kill bacteria and viruses are high enough they would also harm humans and other animals. Machines intended for household, office or health care center use that generate ozone at levels over 0.05 parts per million or are marketed using claims that they have medical benefits are banned by federal regulations.
When ozone reacts with molecules lining the interior of your lungs, it irritates the mucus membrane and can cause fluid to leak into the lungs — a condition called pulmonary edema. Symptoms include chest pain, shortness of breath and coughing. Some people are more susceptible than others; people with respiratory system disorders like asthma are at especially high risk. The Environmental Protection Agency has found that some of the devices currently on the market can generate enough ozone to drive concentrations in your home up above safe levels.2
Now that we have talked about the dangers of DIY ozone cleaning, we will talk about the need for professional services.
Why Should I Use a Professional Service?
No matter how hard you scrub, mop, vacuum, or dust and how many special cleaning products you use, dirt, dust, stains, allergens, and contaminants remain hidden in fibers and imbedded in cracks, seams, and corners. These are some reasons why using a professional service is more effective than DIY:
- Specialized cleaning equipment: Professionals have access to commercial grade equipment that give results you can’t get with store bought equipment. It doesn’t give the same results you will get using a professional.
- Highly trained technicians: Professional technicians stay up to date with the latest training and technology in the industry. Professional companies are also licensed so you know you’re getting a legitimate service.
- Deep cleaning:From carpet to upholstery, over time any fabric will accumulate dust, dirt, pathogens, allergens, and visible stains. Spot remover may help you keep the surface looking clean, but deep within the fibers, unhealthy substances accumulate. To remove them, a specialized system must be used to extract the pollutants from the fibers.
- Emergency 24/7 Services:We can remove smoke odor, refinish furniture, extract any water that could lead to dangerous mold growth or damage the structural integrity of your home, and offer many other services needed to make your home safe, and smelling sweet.3