Deodorization is one common concern homeowners have when smoke and odor damage are left behind from a fire. Our team of highly skilled professionals use hydroxl treatment as one of our deodorization methods as well as ozone cleaning.
What Causes Odors?
Whether it’s a smelly dishwasher, mysterious shower drain smells, pets, kids, or even unwanted moisture, there are many side-effects of everyday life that can fill your home with a less-than-pleasant scent. These are some common culprits of household odors:
- Pets: They’re very much a part of the family, but just like humans, they can get smelly.To remedy this, bathe your pet often, and also clean the spots where they sleep and eat once a week with soap and water (no harsh chemicals). Also vacuum under beds and sofas to avoid hair (and odor) buildup.
- Wet clothing:Don’t put the dirty clothes basket in your bathroom.In a humid environment, bacteria grows, and that’s what stinks up the place.
- Your bedding:One particular offender in this case is your sheets, which become steeped in your own body oils and dirt when you don’t wash them regularly.
- Your trash can:Little spills and crumbs can build up over time and form bad odors inside your can that linger even when you take out the trash bag (you should empty the trash regularly, of course). To clean the can properly, spray it with diluted bleach and let it sit for a few hours.
- Your front-load washer: Household appliances that come in constant contact with water can harbor mold, which is the perfect breeding ground for smelly bacteria.1
How Can I Prevent Odors?
If you find your household has an odor problem these are some DIY methods to treat the issue:
Hydroxl radicals (OH) are naturally occurring in the environment when the sun’s UV rays react with water (H2-0) and oxygen (O2). This chemical reaction rapidly decomposes chemicals in the air. Hydroxls work by breaking down hydrogen atoms which in turn breaks down the molecular structure of odors and volatile organic compounds (VCO). Hydroxl generators reproduce this naturally occurring reaction indoors to clear residences of odors. Hydroxl generators can be used while spaces are still occupied, but tend to work at a slower pace.
As stated above hydroxl treatments are the preferred cleaning method for us here at Restoration Authority. You may be asking “what about ozone cleaning?” since this is a popular method for odor removal. Ozone cleaning works by seeking out and destroying problem gasses in the air. It reacts with contaminants in the air, water, fabrics, walls, and ceilings. Ozone generators require spaces to be closed, HVAC systems to be shut down, but they work raster compared to hydroxl treatments.
Why Use Professional Deodorization Services
Smoke and soot removal can be hazardous to your health from continuous inhalation. You should not expose yourself to these harmful contaminants, but utilize a professional service to remove these odors from your home. That is where our team at Restoration Authority comes in and does the cleaning and odor removal for you. Don’t risk your health call us today!